Attorney's Curriculum Vitae:
JAMES K. BALL, born in Sacramento, California, and raised in Boise, Idaho.
- Criminal Law
- Record Expungement
- Construction Law
- Boise State University (Bachelor of Science) 1993
- University of Idaho College of Law (Juris Doctor) 1996.
- Rated in Top 10 Idaho Criminal Defense Attorneys by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- Rated 10.0 Superb attorney by AVVO.
- Preeminent AV Rating in Martindale Hubble for both legal ability and ethical standards, reflecting the opinions of members of the Idaho State Bar and Idaho judiciary.
- United States Supreme Court;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit;
- United States District Court of Idaho;
- Idaho State Bar;
- Idaho State Bar IOLTA Committee;
- Barrister, American Inns of Court, No. 130;
- Fourth District Bar Association;
- Federal Bar Association, Idaho Chapter;
- Idaho Volunteer Lawyers;
- Idaho Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers;
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association;
- Fourth District Domestic Violence Committee;
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys;
- Board of Director for Make-A- Wish Idaho.
- Member, Manweiler, Breen, Ball & Davis, PLLC (2002 - Present);
- Private Practice, James K. Ball, P.A., (2000 - 2002);
- Deputy Ada County Prosecuting Attorney (1996 - 2000);
- Lobbyist, Idaho Prosecuting Attorney's Association (1998 - 2000).
Jim has tried over 50 cases to verdict; argued ten cases to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; argued two cases in the Idaho Supreme Court; argued four cases to the Idaho Court of Appeals.
- Representation includes clients with the following issues: criminal charges, juvenile cases, personal injury, wills, domestic relations, business formation, and appeals. Serves on the Criminal Justice Act Panel for the United States District Court of Idaho, representing clients in federal criminal cases.
- U.S. v. Loveland, 825 F.3d 555 (9th Cir. 2016).
- State v. Robinson, 143 Idaho 306, 142 P.3d 729 (2006).
- U.S. v. Kilby, 443 F.3d 1135 (9th Cir. 2006)
- U.S. v. Molesworth, No. 05-30630, 2006 WL 2404576 (9th Cir. 2006)
- State v. Lamay, 140 Idaho 835, 103 P.3d 448 (2004).
- Reyes v. Craven, 111 Fed.Appx. 462 (9th Cir. 2004) unpublished.